Re: SLEPc demo

Yeah, I know. We will add both -llapack and -lblas to umfpack.py again. It is not supposed to be needed, but the reasoning is just too long to explain. We have been discussing it back and forth here, but this should do the trick. This requires lapack3-dev to be installed if atlas3-*dev is installed.

ilmar

Garth N. Wells wrote:
Ilmar Wilbers wrote:
The demos are linked to lapack because umfpack needs to be linked to lapack.
I thought that umfpack required blas.
That is true, we are looking into this now.

I added '-lblas' before -llapack' in umfpack.py and this fixed the problem. I looks like 'ATL_dGetNB' is part of the ATLAS implementation of BLAS.

In trilinos.py, there is a FIXME question regarding whether or not it's necessary to link with BLAS when linking to lapack. It looks BLAS is needed.

Garth

I haven't had any success when installing atlas3-base-dev or setting ATLAS_DIR. I only see the problem when running the SLEPc demo. From 'ldd demo' I get

Did you generate a new umfpack.pc?

ilmar
  liblapack.so.3 => /usr/lib/atlas/liblapack.so.3 (0xb6821000)

Garth

Maybe I didn't understand you question properly?
ilmar

Garth N. Wells wrote:
Can you remind me why DOLFIN is linked to lapack? I recall a thread on this a few weeks ago.

Garth

Ilmar Wilbers wrote:
I discussed the same issue with Anders earlier. The sse2 version does not install in /usr/lib/atlas as expected. Try setting ATLAS_DIR, or, perhaps better, install atlas3-base-dev instead og atlas3-sse2-dev

ilmar

Garth N. Wells wrote:
Has anyone tried running the demo that uses SLEPc (demo/la/eigensolver/cpp)? When I run it, I get

./demo: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/atlas/sse2/liblapack.so.3: undefined symbol: ATL_dGetNB

Any ideas?