Arithmetic operations on Functions

Hi,

I would like to plot a function that is the difference between a DiscreteFunction and a UserFunction. Can this be done in any smart ways ?

The only way I can think of is to create a new user defined function that contains the two Functions above, which does the subtraction in the eval function, and then save this function to vtk format. This, however, will call the eval method of the DiscreteFunction which includes cell searching etc. Just sounds a bit cumbersome to me when the mesh contains say 500.000 elements.

Kristen

Follow ups