Re: further demo problems

Anders Logg wrote:
On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 02:56:47PM +0200, Ilmar Wilbers wrote:
Ilmar Wilbers wrote:
demo/mesh/meshfunction/python
demo/mesh/partitioning/python
demo/mesh/refinement/python
demo/pde/dg/python
demo/pde/mixed-poisson/python
The plot is only displayed a few milliseconds (Viper problem).

It would be better to replace

plot(sigma)
plot(u)
interactive()

with

plot(sigma, interactive=True)
plot(u, interactive=True)

I thought it would be nice to be able to see both plots at the same
time? (Which is possible if you just move one of the windows.)

Sure, I agree. It is just not clear that there is a second window below the first, so when done with the top one, and pressing 'q', both dissapear. But nevermind, this is not very important.
in demo/pde/mixed-poisson/python, else the two plots will be on top of each other and both will be closed upon pressing 'q'. The rest it fine.
demo/mesh/subdomains/cpp
demo/mesh/subdomains/python
Maybe give some output from running the program? Like: 'generated file subdomains.xml'?

No changes.

I added a line here to increase the debug level. Don't you get any
output?

Nope, nothing...
demo/ode
Demos are not compiled, do not follow the directory structure of the other demos, and don't work.

No changes.

ok, try again.

The Python interface of the ODE solver is broken. It shouldn't be much
work to fix it, but it hasn't been done.

What am I looking for here, except for the aliev-panfilov directory (cpp/demo works), all directories only contain a main.cpp and plot.py. Nothing is built.
demo/pde/convection-diffusion/python
Applying boundary conditions to linear system.
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "demo.py", line 65, in <module>
     solve(A, u1.vector(), b)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dolfin/dolfin.py", line 3683, in solve
     return _dolfin.solve(*args)
TypeError: in method 'solve', argument 2 of type 'dolfin::Vector &'

Seems fine. But should add interactive=True to plot.

There seems to be some more trouble with this demo. The solution
remains constant (it should change with time). I couldn't figure out
what goes wrong.

demo/pde/elasticity/cpp
The plot looks completely weird! Python version gives the correct plot.

Still broken.

Here too.

demo/pde/mixed-poisson/python
demo/pde/stokes/stabilized/python
Ordering mesh entities...
swig/python detected a memory leak of type 'SubFunction *', no destructor found.

Still there, but that is OK, perhaps?

It's been there for a while and I don't know how to fix it.

demo/pde/periodic/python
   Applying boundary conditions to linear system.
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "demo.py", line 68, in <module>
     u = pde.solve()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dolfin/assemble.py", line 193, in solve
     cpp_DirichletBC.apply(bc, A, b, self.dof_maps.sub(1), compiled_form)
TypeError: unbound method apply() must be called with cpp_DirichletBC instance as first argument (got PeriodicBC instance instead)

No changes.

Haven't looked at this yet.

demo/pde/stokes/stabilized/python
demo/pde/stokes/taylor-hood/python
Only the second of two plot is displayed.

The same goes for these two,

plot(U)
plot(P)
interactive()

should be replaced by

# Plot solution
plot(U, interactive=True)
plot(P, interactive=True)

Yes, if that's what we want (see above).

demo/quadrature/python
ilmarw@*****:python$ python demo.py lobatto 10
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "demo.py", line 43, in <module>
     sys.exit(main(sys.argv[1:]))
   File "demo.py", line 33, in main
     q = LobattoQuadrature(n);
NameError: global name 'LobattoQuadrature' is not defined

Fixed...

Yes.

In addition, there are a few 'fix me' demos.

Yes. Note that not all Python demos have worked before. The state the
demos are in now is close to the best they have ever been in. So it's
not the new build system, it's just that the Python interface and
demos are work in progress.
dd
ilmar