Re: Build: scons rebuild with enableMpi=false failure, gets stuck

Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 03:38:22PM +0200, Johannes Ring wrote:

>> scons -h will give you a complete list of the options and what state they

Not very easy to read though, it's 136 lines and no visual cues as to what is
changed from defaults. But a pointer to the cache file is sufficient, the
actual listing of those is just sugar-on-top.

>> are in. Wouldn't it be enough to mention that the options are cached in
>> the installation instructions?
>
> I guess most people don't read the manual, so it wouldn't hurt adding
> a single line

This is not important and certainly no haste. A mention in INSTALL is better
than nothing, but I vote for the output.

Maybe the question is: scons is already very verbose (38 lines here, for a nop
build). Is that ok (in which case another line makes little difference) or is
it something that is planned to be cut down (in which case an explanation in
INSTALL is perhaps better).

-j.