Re: Problem installing dolfin

On Mon, March 31, 2008 Solveig Bruvoll wrote:
> Johannes Ring wrote:
>> On Mon, March 31, 2008 Solveig Bruvoll wrote:
>>
>>> "scons install" does not seem to work. I get the following output:
>>>
>>> [root@math-dhcp012 dolfin]# scons install
>>> scons: Reading SConscript files ...
>>> Unable to find any valid C++ compiler.
>>> Checking for numpy-1... yes
>>> Checking for scotch... no (pkg-config file not found)
>>> Trying to generate pkg-config file for scotch... failed
>>> *** Unable to generate a suitable pkg-config file for scotch.
>>> *** If scotch is present on your system, try setting the SCOTCH_DIR
>>> *** environment variable to the directory where scotch is installed.
>>> Checking for ufc-1... yes
>>> Checking for umfpack... no (pkg-config file not found)
>>> Trying to generate pkg-config file for umfpack... failed
>>> *** Unable to generate a suitable pkg-config file for umfpack.
>>> *** If umfpack is present on your system, try setting the UMFPACK_DIR
>>> *** environment variable to the directory where umfpack is installed.
>>> Checking for python-2... yes
>>> Checking for petsc... no (pkg-config file not found)
>>> Trying to generate pkg-config file for petsc... failed
>>> *** Unable to generate a suitable pkg-config file for petsc.
>>> *** If petsc is present on your system, try setting the PETSC_DIR
>>> *** environment variable to the directory where petsc is installed.
>>> Checking for gts... no (pkg-config file not found)
>>> Trying to generate pkg-config file for gts... failed
>>> *** Unable to generate a suitable pkg-config file for gts.
>>> *** If gts is present on your system, try setting the GTS_DIR
>>> *** environment variable to the directory where gts is installed.
>>> Checking for boost... yes
>>> Checking for slepc... no (pkg-config file not found)
>>> Trying to generate pkg-config file for slepc... failed
>>> *** Unable to generate a suitable pkg-config file for slepc.
>>> *** If slepc is present on your system, try setting the SLEPC_DIR
>>> *** environment variable to the directory where slepc is installed.
>>> Checking for libxml-2.0... yes
>>> Warning: Unknown dependency package: ufc-1
>>> NameError: name 'modEnv' is not defined:
>>> File "/home/solveio/dolfin/SConstruct", line 176:
>>>  buildDataHash = env.SConscript(os.path.join(env["projectname"],
>>> "SConscript"), exports=["env", "configure"])
>>> File "/usr/lib/scons/SCons/Script/SConscript.py", line 520:
>>>  return apply(_SConscript, [self.fs,] + files, subst_kw)
>>> File "/usr/lib/scons/SCons/Script/SConscript.py", line 245:
>>>  exec _file_ in call_stack[-1].globals
>>> File "/home/solveio/dolfin/dolfin/SConscript", line 276:
>>>  replacements['PACKAGE_CXXFLAGS'] = modEnv["CXXFLAGS"]
>>>
>>> Any ideas on how to fix this?
>>>

>> It seems that it doesn't find any C++ compilers to use. Currently it
>> looks
>> for one of the following: mpic++, mpicxx, c++, or g++. Which compiler
>> are
>> you using?
>>

> I am using g++.

Strange. It says that it is unable to find any valid C++ compiler. Perhaps
g++ is not in PATH? What does 'which g++' give you?

Anyway, I have done some changes in the build scripts that maybe fixes
things. At least you should get a different error message now. Can you do
a hg pull/up and try again?

Johannes