Re: [HG DOLFIN] Print helper messages at end of build.

On Wed, April 2, 2008 Garth N. Wells wrote:
> Johannes Ring wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 Ilmar Wilbers wrote:
>>> Then I think that we should wait with including such a message until we
>>> fully support scons 0.98. Of fix this otherwise.
>>
>> I have asked at the SCons mailing list and there seems to be no easy fix
>> for SCons < 0.97.0d20071212. I'll remove the output if there are no
>> objections.
>>

> Can you you leave the information on setting the path and just not claim
> that the installation has been successful? It's useful to know about
> dolfin.conf.

Okay, I changed the output to be like this:

When running only 'scons':

If there was no errors, type

    scons install

to install DOLFIN on your system. Note that you may need
to be root in order to install. To specify an alternative
installation directory, run

    scons install prefix=<path>

You may also run ./scons.local for a local installation
in the DOLFIN source tree.
You can compile all the demo programs in the subdirectory
demo by running

   scons enableDemos=yes

When running 'scons install' and prefix/bin is not in PATH:

Warning: Installation directory is not in PATH.

To compile a program against DOLFIN you need to update
your environment variables to reflect the installation
directory you have chosen for DOLFIN. A simple way to do
this if you are using Bash-like shell is to source the
file dolfin.conf:

    source dolfin.conf

This will update the values for the environment variables
PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, PKG_CONFIG_PATH and PYTHONPATH.

Both is printed regardless of SCons exiting with a failure or not. Are
there any other suggestions before I push?

Johannes