local symbol error

Turns out I did fix the boost problem, not sure how, as I tried several things. But now there is another error, I just assumed it was boost everytime the buildbot failed.

The problem I am having now is with symbols (this is 64-bit):
mpic++ -o dolfin/libdolfin.so -shared dolfin/common/TimeDependent.os dolfin/common/Variable.os dolfin/common/timing.os dolfin/common/utils.os
lot more lines
dolfin/quadrature/RadauQuadrature.os -L/scratch/buildbot/local/scotch_5.0/bin -L/usr/lib/atlas -lxml2 -lscotch -lscotcherr -lblas -lumfpack -lamd /usr/bin/ld: /scratch/buildbot/local/scotch_5.0/bin/libscotch.a(library_graph.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 against `a local symbol' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC /scratch/buildbot/local/scotch_5.0/bin/libscotch.a: could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
scons: *** [dolfin/libdolfin.so] Error 1

Fixed this by recompiling scotch, adding fPIC. None of the default makefiles had this included.

Anyway, dolfin now compiles successfully on the 64-bit machine used with the buildbot.

ilmar

Follow ups