uBlasVector

A number of new functions have been introduced to uBlasVector. Are these functions essential? The problem that I'm facing is that we use uBlas objects a lot to manipulate relatively small vectors and matrices, so performance is a consideration. Previously we accessed uBLAS functions directly. This issue is compounded by the fact that I haven't been able to figure out how to elegantly wrap number of the functions because uBLAS uses expression templates.

If we need the extra functions, we'll probably try to work directly with uBLAS (by creating a ublas_vector). ublas_vector is base class for uBlasVector, so can we cast it easily to a uBlasVector?