Re: question concerning Generic* operator=

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 06:46:05PM +0200, Kent-Andre Mardal wrote:

> We have the following operator= in GenericVector
>
>     /// Assignment operator
>     virtual const GenericVector& operator= (const GenericVector& x) = 0;
>
> and a similar one in eg. EpetraVector:
>
>     /// Assignment operator
>     const EpetraVector& operator= (const EpetraVector& x);
>
> Is this operator an implementation of the operator in GenericVector ?
>
> Kent

I don't think so. We have the same thing in all the concrete classes:
first

  virtual const FooVector& operator= (const GenericVector& x) = 0;

and then also

  const FooVector& operator= (const FooVector& x) = 0;

I don't know why we have both. I thought you added this?