Re: Feature request for build system

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 06:47:25AM +0200, Johannes Ring wrote:
> On Fri, May 23, 2008 Anders Logg wrote:
> > Would it be possible to run the script generate.py in the swig
> > directory whenever the swig interface needs to be regenerated?
>
> I tried to find a way to do this yesterday, but without success. I'll keep
> working on it.

ok, thanks.

Here is some some details that might be helpful. What the script does
it that it generates the file dolfin/swig/dolfin_headers.i from all the

  dolfin/foo/dolfin_foo.h

files, for example dolfin_la.h, dolfin_fem.h etc.

One option would be to run this script *every* time we build but then
modify the script so it knows when not do anything (when
dolfin_headers.i is more recent). This would catch the need to
regenerate when we have added new classes to the interface, but it
would not catch the need to regenerate when we modify classes (and the
help strings need to be regenerated).