Applying Boundary conditions for eigenvalue problems

Hi there

I have posted a couple of previous similar questions, but have had no
response, so I thought I'd try again.

I am solving eigenvalue problems derived from Maxwell's equations
using pydolfin (or trying to) making use of the edge-based Nedelec
elements.  I am able to assemble the finite element matrices with no
problem, but I am struggling to apply the Dirichlet boundary
conditions on the mesh - basically I need to remove the rows and
columns of the matrices associated with the edges (in 2D, faces in 3D)
on the mesh boundary so that I can solve the resultant eigenvalue
problem.

Any help in applying these boundary conditions would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Evan

Follow ups