Re: Saving data in time dependent simulations

What post-processor do you want to use?
For Xd3d i have the solution.
I don't know if there are other Post-processor that reads the files like xd3d.

I've simplified/modified the vtk format and made a raw format that i'm
testing.
It's possible to save only the solutions.(much smaller files)
The idea is exactly what you are thinking, time-dependent problems with the
same mesh.

Example of usage:
File g_file("g.raw");
g_file<<g;

I've made some tests and it seems to work fine.

The problem is that i'm reading the solutions with  Xd3d software and i'm
using gmsh to construct  the meshes.
So i need to do something like
1-build a gmsh mesh (xd3d reads that format)
2-convert to xml via dolfin-convert
3-use dolfin to do the hard work and save in raw format
4-open the gmsh mesh and the solutions with xd3d for post-processing.

Warning: we have to be sure that the gmsh mesh don't have extra non-used
points,we want that the xml and msh files have the same numbering.
Facts:
1-Probably Its possible to add XML mesh format to xd3d.
2-I didn't submit the code yet because i didn't read the mercurial stuff yet,
i'm not sure that even I will use it, and i've to do some more tests.

By the way it's possible to write vtk files with vector UserFunctions?
I'v got errors?