Ubuntu packages for openmpi

For some time now, the openmpi packages for Ubuntu have been broken, but Johannes has maintained working versions in a special repository (packages.simula.no). After filing a big report (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openmpi/+bug/224706), a fix has been released. The details are in a duplicate of this bug (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/binutils/+bug/234837), and the fix has been verified both by Johannes and myself. It is added to hardy-updates, which I assume most of you have enabled. The fix is also verified for the next Ununtu version, so l hope this finally means that we can start depending dolfin packages on these. For instance, we can supply a debian package of dolfin with petsc.

ilmar

Follow ups