Re: Building DOLIFN single thread

Johannes Ring wrote:
> On Wed, June 25, 2008 Dag Lindbo wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I need to build DOLFIN completely single thread. Is this possible?
>>
>> Let me be more precise: When building a solver that uses DOLFIN the
>> default pkg-config wants to link against phread, gthread etc. Why were
>> these link flags introduced?
>
> On my system, the pthread flag seems to be introduced by the GTS
> pkg-config file gts.pc, or actually gthread-2.0.pc that gts.pc depends on.
> We don't generate the gts.pc file, so we have no control over that one.

Thanks!

It looks like GTS (on my machine) wants a lot of libs:
> pkg-config --cflags --libs gts
-pthread -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include  -pthread
-Wl,--export-dynamic -lgts -lgthread-2.0 -lrt -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl -lglib-2.0

Ubuntu Gutsy->Hardy probably introduced a thereaded build of GTS (do you
know where I could check this?). I will have to uninstall libgts and
build an unthreaded GTS then.

/Dag