Re: [HG DOLFIN] Handle output of scalar P0 functions in VTK format.

Anders Logg wrote:
On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 08:51:43AM +0100, Garth N. Wells wrote:

Anders Logg wrote:
On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 10:28:55PM +0100, Garth N. Wells wrote:
Anders Logg wrote:
Does this work? I was expecting to see a DG plot for the solution u in
the mixed poisson demo.

Yes, it works. Open the .vtu file with Paraview and you'll see that the plot is cell-wise. You won't see it in the Viper plot.

Garth
I tried it now in Paraview, but it seems I can only get a 2D plot, or
are you able to do "warp scalar"?

Looks like Paraview can't warp cell data. You can do

   "Filters" -> "Alphabetical" -> "Cell Data to Point Data"

and then use warp.

Garth

Yes, but that does some kind of projection/interpolation to piecewise
linears. I'd like to plot the discontinuous solution and see that it
is discontinuous.

You can see jumps in the contour colours from one cell to another. It looks like Paraview/VTK doesn't support warping of cell data.