Re: swig wrapper file size

> On Wednesday 20 August 2008 13:17:20 Garth N. Wells wrote:
>> Garth N. Wells wrote:
>> > Is it easy to modularise pyDOLFIN so that we generate multiple smaller
>> > wrapper code files? It's getting really tedious to compile
>> > dolfin_wrap.cc.
>>
>> Can anyone add anything on this? It's really annoying me.
>
> We do that in PyCC, so simula scons should be able to handle it. But I
> understand that it brings more hassle than it solves. Ola and Martin could
> probably elaborate on these issues.
>
> This has also been discussed previously see for example the late part of
> the
> thread:
>
> <http://www.fenics.org/pipermail/dolfin-dev/2008-March/006935.html>
>
> Johan

It is annoying.

One can break up the interface file in several interface files. The problem
with this is that types defined in one interface file are often used in other
interface files and here the attributes of these types are not known.
The 'import' statement in SWIG is suppose to solve this, but last
I tried I had problems.

Someone should have a look at this ( I might do it, but not this week..).

Kent