Re: pydolfin

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 10:04 PM, Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It works if you replace
>
>  Function(element, mesh, h_e)
>
> by
>
>  Function(element, mesh, Vector())
>
> You should get an error message when trying to create a Function from
> a numpy array (unless Martin has done some tricks for initialization
> of vector constants that I have missed).
>
> Martin?

Hi

Good news.  I just got it working - I think the discussion got me thinking
just the right amount :)

And yes, the problem was with the numpy array that I was trying to pass to
the constructor - there were no error messages or warnings.

I think I will have a look at putting the check in and submitting a patch.

Now I have officially used dolfin to solve for the TM cutoff modes of a
rectangular waveguide :)  It's a good day indeed.  Now all I need to be able
to do is identify which dofs correspond with dirichlet edges so that I can
solve for the TE modes aswell (I need to remove the rows and columns
associated with those degrees of freedom from the eigensystem).  How is work
on that coming along?

Thanks for the assistance!
Evan