Re: PyDOLFIN and parameter system

Anders Logg wrote:
On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 10:03:33AM +0200, Martin Sandve Alnæs wrote:
2008/8/27 Garth N. Wells <gnw20@xxxxxxxxx>:
How do I set a parameter for an object in PyDOLFIN? I'd like to set
Newton solver parameters in demo/nls/nonlinearpoisson/python/demo.py.
The code

    nonlinear_solver = NewtonSolver()
    nonlinear_solver.dolfin_set("Newton maximum iterations", 50)
foo.dolfin_set is a rather strange name for this, what about
setParameter or setParam or something?

It should be just get() and set(). It is in C++.

Why aren't "get" and "set" automatically available for objects? I recall that "global" get and set conflict with reserved names in Python, or something along this line, hence the use of dolfin_get/set.