Re: [francois.pellegrini-BktLLJ5BOkI@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Scotch 5.1 is out!]

>> However, it uses a slow partitioning method and doesn't support weighted
>> graphs (according to the announcement[1]). But it should only be a problem
>> for fancy adaptive computations with load balancing/repartitioning.
>>

> Ok, too bad since we like fancy stuff. /J

Have you guys looked at zoltan at all? It looks quite versatile, including
weighted graph and weighted hypergraph methods. I tested it briefly a while
back, but only the geometric partitioner. Which worked ok but was obviously no
match for parmetis.

http://www.cs.sandia.gov/Zoltan/

List of algorithms (for graphs/hypergraphs, I believe only PHG is relevant to
dolfin, licence-wise):