down_cast for Matrix

Hi,

I got myself confused with the down_cast functionality.  Say I assemble three bilinear forms into Matrix A, B, and C, and then consider the expression:

K  = A - A (B^-1) C

(which I actually want to do, go figure).  I like the uBLAS backend so I would like to try

A.mat() - ublas::prod( A.mat(), ublas::prod( B.invert(), C.mat() ) )

But when I try and down_cast from dolfin::Matrix to uBLASMatrix with

uBLASDenseMatrix AA = A.down_cast<uBLASDenseMatrix>();

I get a message that down_cast doesn't live in the Matrix class (even though its in the GenericTensor class).

So I ask, what is the intended usage to get a uBLASMatrix from a Matrix?

Thanks,
Jake

Follow ups