Re: Swig and scons

Johan Hake wrote:
On Saturday 27 September 2008 18:17:12 Harish Narayanan wrote:
In order to get the swig-generated dolfin_wrap.cc to build with my gcc,
I need to perform some simple substitutions on the file which I've
expressed as a perl script:

perl -pi -e 's/Type v;/Type v = 0;/g' dolfin/swig/dolfin_wrap.cc

Maybee you could make a runnable script called 'swig' and put it somwhere in your path, and make sure it executes before the system swig. Then in the script you call the system swig with the handed sysargs. After that line you execute the command above. Its a hack, but I do not think scons support this in a better way.

I don't really like this approach. I would prefer to enable different compiler flags for dolfin_wrap.cc, i.e. do not use -Werror, if that does the trick. dolfin_wrap.cc won't compile under Ubuntu Intrepid with -Werror, so we'll need to do something.

Does anyone know how I should tell scons that I'd like this line run
after dolfin_wrap.cc has been generated by swig and before mpic++ is
called to compile it to dolfin_wrap.os?

I currently do this manually after the build breaks.

Harish