Re: Scons test for GMP

On Tue, October 7, 2008 17:40, Benjamin Kehlet wrote:
> the build system add this?
>>> I can do that.
> latest GMP (4.2.4). If found and enabled, a variable HAS_GMP should be
> defined. The default value of enableGmp should be false.
>>> Ok.
>>> Do you have a small example program for GMP? It will be useful to add
> as
>>> test-program for the pkg-config generator to verify that the selected
> compiler will work.
>>
>> I just used the example found here:
>>
>> http://www.gnu.org/software/gmp/manual/html_node/Parameter-Conventions.html#Parameter
> Conventions
>>
> This program is in C and doesn't use the C++ wrapper. Here is a small
> program that uses both the C types and the C++ classes from GMP.

Thanks. Will it be enough to use the first case as the test? That is:

#include <iostream>
#include <gmpxx.h>

int main (void)
{
  mpz_class integer1("1000000023457323");
  mpz_class integer2("54367543212");
  mpz_class int_result = integer1*integer2;

  std::cout << integer1 << " * " << integer2 << " = "
            << int_result << std::endl;

  return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}

> Also, the linker needs the flags -lgmp and -lgmpxx

Yes, these are already used.

Johannes