Re: [HG DOLFIN] Added SubFunction to dolfin_function.h so swig interface compile\nRename of function.in to function._in\nAdded __contains__ in FunctionSpace so one can write u in V.\nAdded % import ufc.h in dolfin_dunction_pre.i as dolfi

On Monday 03 November 2008 13:31:29 Martin Sandve Alnæs wrote:
> 2008/11/3 Johan Hake <hake@xxxxxxxxx>:

> >> Related to this change, I'm getting the swig error
> >>
> >>      dolfin/swig/dolfin_function_pre.i:2: Error: Unable to find 'ufc.h'
> >
> > Hmmm, this should work...
> >
> > I added 'ufc-1' to SwigDependencies so simula_scons would pick up the
> > dependency. I guess that ufc.h is located in a directory that is included
> > anyway on my computer, and thats why I did not get the error.
> >
> > Johannes any clue why this is not working?
> >
> > Johan
>
> My previous experience is that pkg-config usually skips printing
> default include directories like /usr/include and /usr/local/include,
> while SWIG does not include those by default.
> If UFC is in one of those, just asking pkg-config won't work.

It's only when something is installed under /usr that pkg-config does not give
any output. This beaviour can be configured by setting the environment
variable

  PKG_CONFIG_ALLOW_SYSTEM_CFLAGS

before calling pkg-config.

ufc.h is installed under /usr if not given any prefix. We should probably set
default installation directory to /usr/local instead of /usr when not set by
user while running ufc/setup.py.

If no one have any objection maybee Johannes can do that?