Re: [DOLFIN-DEV] Some Iterative Linear Solver Doubts.

On a related thread,
I think there is a bug in the Newton solvers (in 0.8.1) in that they now don't zero the correction dx before each linear solve. For direct solvers this isn't a problem, however for krylov methods (in particular PETScKrylovSolver), this ends up passing the last correction as the initial guess for the next iteration. Eventually, when the residual becomes sufficiently small, this throws a divergence_tolerance error in Petsc. (To see this, just change the solver in demo/nls/nonlinearpoisson to something like gmres/ilu and use Petsc as the back end).

Let me know if I'm being incoherent as usual.
cheers
marc