Re: [HG DOLFIN] Implement algorithm for checking if a mesh is correctly ordered,

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 09:33:31AM +0000, Garth N. Wells wrote:
> DOLFIN wrote:
> > One or more new changesets pushed to the primary dolfin repository.
> > A short summary of the last three changesets is included below.
> >
> > changeset:   5153:d2f703ef98b0798fef534e587d95cfcb6374dfc1
> > tag:         tip
> > user:        Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx>
> > date:        Fri Nov 14 09:22:22 2008 +0100
> > files:       ChangeLog SConstruct demo/fem/simple/cpp/main.cpp demo/fem/simple/tetrahedron.xml.gz demo/function/eval/cpp/main.cpp demo/pde/bcs/cpp/main.cpp demo/pde/elasticity/cpp/main.cpp demo/pde/stokes/stabilized/cpp/main.cpp demo/pde/stokes/taylor-hood/cpp/main.cpp dolfin/io/PXMLMesh.cpp dolfin/io/XMLMesh.cpp dolfin/mesh/Box.cpp dolfin/mesh/Cell.h dolfin/mesh/CellType.cpp dolfin/mesh/CellType.h dolfin/mesh/DynamicMeshEditor.cpp dolfin/mesh/DynamicMeshEditor.h dolfin/mesh/Interval.cpp dolfin/mesh/IntervalCell.cpp dolfin/mesh/IntervalCell.h dolfin/mesh/Mesh.cpp dolfin/mesh/Mesh.h dolfin/mesh/MeshEditor.cpp dolfin/mesh/MeshEditor.h dolfin/mesh/MeshOrdering.cpp dolfin/mesh/MeshOrdering.h dolfin/mesh/PointCell.cpp dolfin/mesh/PointCell.h dolfin/mesh/Rectangle.cpp dolfin/mesh/TetrahedronCell.cpp dolfin/mesh/TetrahedronCell.h dolfin/mesh/TopologyComputation.cpp dolfin/mesh/TriangleCell.cpp dolfin/mesh/TriangleCell.h dolfin/mesh/UnitCircle.cpp dolfin/mesh/UnitCube.cpp dolfin/me
> sh/UnitInterval.cpp dolfin/mesh/UnitSphere.cpp dolfin/mesh/UnitSquare.cpp
> > Implement algorithm for checking if a mesh is correctly ordered,
> > same algorithm for all cell types. CellType::order() should be
> > reimplemented similarly. Also removed call to order() in all demos.
> > There are still some issues that need to be sorted out, and we may
> > need to do some mnemonics so we don't need to check the ordering
> > more than once.
> >

> This has broken some unit tests and demos. It would be good if
> developers run test.py regularly so we aren't going backwards in terms
> of getting things working again.
>
> Garth

Yes, I know but I made an exception.

Quite a bit of work and discussion is needed to get this working so
feedback is needed in between changes.

I'm currently working on including MeshData in XML output. It's
currently missing, which removed mesh data from some of the files in
data/meshes when they were reordered by dolfin-order.