SubDomains and SubSystems

Hello all,

I'm trying to solve a coupled-physics problem in 3D and I've got a
couple of questions.

1. Can (Dirichlet) boundary conditions not be set on edges (or points)
when working in 3D? I get errors of the following form,

*** Warning: Found no facets matching domain for boundary condition.

though I can see that the corresponding SubDomain.inside returns valid
points (which don't form facets).

2. When working with multiple forms (including multiple FFC-generated .h
files in C++), how do I use SubSystem correctly? With one form, say
elasticity, I separate components of the displacement field via

SubSystem u0(0); //etc.

and apply boundary conditions specific to this component via something like:

DirichletBC bc1(fix, mesh, left, u0);

When I have an additional form, say the heat conduction problem, how do
I now refer to its temperature field when setting boundary conditions?

Thanks,
Harish

Follow ups