Re: is anisotropy supported?

Bartosz Sawicki wrote:
On 01/12/08 09:07 AM, Garth N. Wells wrote:

Bartosz Sawicki wrote:
Hi all,

I can't find anything in the manuals, any example in the demo directory and even google is silent like a grave, when asked for "anisotropy site:fenics.org".
Does it mean that anisotropy is not supported by FEniCS?

Can you be more specific on what you have in mind?

My question is, if anyone has already tried to solve any anisotropic problem with fenics?

One of the problems, which come to my mind is that for anisotropic material I need at tensor function for material property. Can FFC handle this?

Just define the equation you want to solve and try compiling it with FFC. For an anisotropic solid, part of this will involve defining the constitutive model. The DOLFIN library shouldn't need to be (nor should it be) aware of the details of the constitutive model.

Garth

BArtek

Garth

Strange, this seams to be quite easy to develop. Or maybe just no one needed that feature so far.

BArtek