Re: About signatures in FFC-generated dolfin::Form subclasses

Martin Sandve Alnæs wrote:
There is a signature:

  // Create form on given function space(s) with given coefficient(s)
(shared data)
  PoissonLinearForm(std::tr1::shared_ptr<const dolfin::FunctionSpace>
V0, dolfin::Function& w0) : dolfin::Form(), f(*this)

but no signature where both the function spaces and functions are
shared pointers. For an application with full use of shared pointers,
we need that.

I don't think that it's required. I brought this point up a while ago,

  http://www.fenics.org/pipermail/ffc-dev/2008-November/001923.html

and Anders clarified the situation and it made sense to me at the time (I checked by following through the code), although I agree that it's cryptic and counter-intuitive.

Garth

(I'm looking at this now because I want to generate dolfin code from SFC).

--
Martin