Re: mesh entities in python

On Thursday 11 December 2008 19:28:23 Bartosz Sawicki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new in Swing and python bindings, so maybe answer to my question
> will be trivial. Could you please tell me, if it is possible to access
> into mesh entities from python. For example:
>
> c = Cell(mesh, 111)
> print c.numEntities(0)
> ent = c.entities()
> print ent

This should be fixed in the development branch now.

In the above example you need to write:

  ent = c.entities(dim)

where dim is the topological dimension you would like to check the id number
of the neibouring entities of cell number 111. You need to call mesh.init()
to initiate any such information other than for dim = 0.

Also,

  con01(entity=None)

where conXX is the MeshConnectivity returned from a call to a
MeshTopology(X,X) works from python now. If not entity is given, will the
whole connectivity array be returned.