Nonlinear solvers

Why is there a pseudo time-stepping algorithm built into
NonlinearPDE::solve? Will it not converge if we just call the
NewtonSolver directly?

It would be better if the LinearPDE and NonlinearPDE only provided a
layer between the forms and the linear/nonlinear solvers.

If we need a pseudo time-stepping algorith, it can be built into
NewtonSolver, or maybe another class?

Then there's the question of how to feedback the current pseudo-time
from the solver to the user (who may define fields in terms of the
pseudo-time). One option could be to let users overload a function
update(t) which is called with the current pseudo-time. Then the user
may do whatever with the pseudo-time, such as updating coefficients
and boundary conditions.