Interpolate coefficients for a sub function

Any thoughts on an interpolate function in Function which would interpolate coefficients of a sub function only? At the moment, I have a solver in which I can't use SpecialFunction::IsOutFlowFacet because the velocity is a sub function of the solution Function. I can use SubFunction, but SubFunction makes a copy of the vector every time. I can think of a number of other examples in which this would be useful.

An alternative would be to have a variant on a SubFunction which shares the vector of the Function it is a part of.