Re: buildbot failure in linux_32

On Monday 29 December 2008 14:26:56 Anders Logg wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 02:23:55PM +0100, Johan Hake wrote:
> > On Monday 29 December 2008 14:11:17 Anders Logg wrote:
> > > This demo works for me, both with and without DOLFIN_NOPLOT.
> > > I had to run instant-clean to make it work (don't know why).
> > >
> > > Try and see if that helps.
> >
> > I have done that several times with no luck. I have tried valgrind, with
> > no directly usefull output (found some MPI memory leaks though) and also
> > tried gdb, but the segfaults comes from within some python library code
> > and I cannot find any usefull there.
> >
> > I am compiling swig from svn, but I assume that the buildbot is using a
> > release swig and it also gets the segfault.
> >
> > I am running hardy with python version 2.5.2, numpy 1.1.1 from Andrew
> > Straws repositories and gcc-4.2.4.
> >
> > Johan
>
> Can you isolate the step that goes wrong in the demo? (Comment out
> everything and gradually uncomment.)

If I uncomment

  PIv = interpolate(v, P1)

and the related plot command it does not segfaults. A print statement in the
end of the script will print, so it does not segfaults in our code, but we
could of course be the one to blame. I therefore suspect that it could be
some memory that we haven't freed properly.