Re: buildbot failure in linux_32

Johan Hake wrote:
On Monday 29 December 2008 14:11:17 Anders Logg wrote:
This demo works for me, both with and without DOLFIN_NOPLOT.
I had to run instant-clean to make it work (don't know why).

Try and see if that helps.

I have done that several times with no luck. I have tried valgrind, with no directly usefull output (found some MPI memory leaks though) and also tried gdb, but the segfaults comes from within some python library code and I cannot find any usefull there.

I am compiling swig from svn, but I assume that the buildbot is using a release swig and it also gets the segfault.

I am running hardy with python version 2.5.2, numpy 1.1.1 from Andrew Straws repositories and gcc-4.2.4.
The Mac is running all the demos without problems.

The 32-bit machine was giving errors for 12 Python demos. After updating SWIG from 1.3.31 to 1.3.36, there is only a single demo failing, which is the same as discussed earlier for the 64-bit machine (PETSc error).

The SWIG error looked liked this:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./demo.py", line 42, in <module>
    bc = DirichletBC(V, u0, DirichletBoundary())
File "/home/buildbot/local/tmp/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dolfin/cpp.py", line 10342, in __init__
    this = _cpp.new_DirichletBC(*args)
TypeError: Swig director type mismatch in output value of type 'bool'

Is there an overview over what versions DOLFIN depends on somewhere? I remember earlier questions about Python, numpy and MPIP versions. I am not sure which SWIG version would be the minimum now, but I think it is 1.3.33 as that is the version the 64-bit buildbot is using.

ilmar