Re: shared_ptr and Python

Kent Andre wrote:
Hi,
I have a function that returns    std::tr1::shared_ptr<FunctionSpace>.
In Python, this turns out to be an object with type 'PySwigObject'. Hence, I cannot put it into eg. 'TestFunction'.

That's same the problem I had when returning a shared_ptr to a Trilinos object.

Anyone knows how to tell SWIG the type of these shared pointers ? The dolfin_shared_ptr_classes.i file has been included long before the function that returns the shared pointer appear in the .i file.

I think that Johan is planning to look into this.

Garth

Kent