Re: saving and loading function

Anders Logg wrote:
On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 02:49:17PM +0100, Johan Hake wrote:
On Wednesday 07 January 2009 14:28:09 Kent Andre wrote:
It seems to me that the problem is that I have created two different
FunctionSpaces that are actually the same and that the test
in Function is a pointer check.

One could of course make a better check based on e.g. a signature.
This should be trivial to do. But I will end up with using
a bit more memory than needed. Is this an acceptable solution ?
A check for the signature is not enough. Eventually we have to check for the meshes in the two files being the same too.

Maybe we should add a signature() function for meshes also that
returns some kind of checksum for the mesh?

What's wrong with the approach that I presented? Just read the function and extract from the function the FunctionSpace and the mesh?