Re: shared_ptr should soon be up and running in python

On Monday 12 January 2009 21:28:02 Johan Hake wrote:
> Hello!
>
> After some hours chasing a bug I finally got shared_ptr to work in all of
> the three aspects I mentioned in a previous email. I requires some changes
>
>   dolfin, instant, ufc and ffc.
>
> Most notably we have to change back to boost::shared_ptr.
> std::tr1::shared_ptr is not supported in swig untill swig 1.3.37. I just
> replaced all the occurences of std::tr1::shared_ptr with boost::shared_ptr.
> Probably we can add a typedef/typename in common/shared_ptr.h or something.
> I couldn't get it to work though. Any comment on this one?

I have now pushed the changes. This will cause the buildbot to complain, at
least with the PyDOLFIN demos. But these will hopefully be fixed after both
ufc and ffc have been updated.

> After we have this in place we can maybe go over the c++ and possible
> remove some constructors.

I have not full overview of the constructors that is not needed anymore now.
Some pure reference constructors are used elsewhere in the code, and not only
for the PyDOLFIN interface. But I suppose one of the dolfin::Form
constructors can be removed.