Re: Installing on OS X

Martin West wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 	I have tried a bit this weekend to get Dolfin etc. installed on my
> MacBook With OS X 10.5. I was following the wiki instructions  but
> they seem to depart from what was happening towards the end.  I was of
> course ultimately unsuccessful.  I was wondering if there are any
> developers who have it all running well on OS  X, and if there are, do
> they know if the Wiki instructions are still up to date?

I'm afraid those instructions are quite outdated. The following steps
work as of today.

1. You will first need to install Fink (the source distribution) from
http://www.finkproject.org/download/srcdist.php?phpLang=en .

Either during initial setup or using 'fink configure', you need to allow
the use of unstable packages. (Similar to Debian.)
http://www.finkproject.org/faq/usage-fink.php#unstable

2. Fetch an archive of Dorsal (a build script) from the following URI:
http://www.fenics.org/dev/dorsal/ . There are gzip, bzip2, zip links on top.

3. Uncompress it, modify dorsal.cfg to your liking and run dorsal.sh. It
will give you Leopard specific tips regarding installing pre-requisites
(via Fink) and then proceed to do the brunt of the work for you.

Harish