Re: FunctionSpace error in python

On Friday 23 January 2009 10:09:12 Martin Sandve Alnæs wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 9:39 AM, Johannes Ring <johannr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Yes, I have thought about it.
> >>
> >> Is it possible to add a call to instant-clean in the install script of
> >> the ffc
> >> and dolfin packages Johannes?
> >
> > Yes, it is possible to add post installation scripts to the FFC and
> > DOLFIN packages (and perhaps Instant) that runs instant-clean. Should I
> > add this?
> >
> > Johannes
>
> Can you add it to SyFi as well please? But we don't want this in
> development versions though, we should at least have an option
> to avoid it.

I think it will be sufficient to add the automatic cleaning in the ubuntu
scripts.

I can add the swig version to the signature generation in ffc and dolfin.

While on the topic, does instant check whether swig is installed, when a
module is built? Also I have on several occasions now checked for the swig
version. Should I put this code in instant, e.g.

   check_swig_version("1.3.35")

It will return false if the current swig version is lesser than "1.3.35"? I
think it would be natural for instant to provide such a function.

> Even better would be adding version numbers to the checksum,

Ok, this was what Anders suggested? If so I can probably add this too.

> make instant keep a most recently used list, add a max cache size
> option to ~/.instant/intantrc, and let instant clean up the oldest
> modules whenever it adds stuff to the cache which exceeds its
> quota.

Sounds nice.

> And we should probably add another feature to instant:
> providing a cache subfolder name. Then instant-clean can
> take an argument to clean only the "ffc" cache subfolder etc.

This should be quite easy to add right? Just add:

  cache_subfolder=None,

to build_module(), copy_to_cache() and get_default_cache_dir() in instant, and
of course implement the functionality. Then instant-clean has to be altered.