Laplace-Beltrami

Hello, I have a question on implementing the Laplace-Beltrami operator in FFC/DOLFIN. Can you do it? If the domain is just a 2-D surface, then maybe not; 2-D topological meshes in 3-D geometric space still needs to be implemented right?

What about if I just have a 2-D (flat) domain with a 1-D boundary. Is there a convenient way to define the surface (tangential) gradient in FFC? It is just the derivative with respect to arc-length multiplied by the tangent vector. Can you define forms on the boundary like that?

- Shawn

Follow ups