Re: Dirichlet Boundary conditions revisited

Hi,

Here are my rough thoughts on it.

In FunctionSpace there is a function restriction which creates a
(restricted) DofMap based
on a mesh, a ufc:.dofmap and a MeshFunction. The way I have implemented,
this function is such that the MeshFunction contains booleans that
indicates which cells
that should be used in the DofMap. It could equally well be vertices or other
mesh entities, but the way restriction is implemented now, it has to be
cells.
It should however be relatively easy to change it to other entities (I
think).
Changing this would give a loc2glob array which contains -1 for the entries
that should not be used. As I understand, petsc will then avoid these entries
so it might work, at least for petsc, with only this alteration in the
function restriction.

Kent