Re: [HG DOLFIN] Minor fix (strip of leading and trailing spaces from swig_version such that comparing to ufc.__swigversion__ doesn't fail).

On Saturday 07 February 2009 14:38:38 Martin Sandve Alnæs wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 1:06 PM, Johan Hake <hake@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>
> >> By the "jit compiler", do you mean compilation of dolfin functions? If
> >> so, that sounds good.
> >
> > Actually not, but it makes sense to include it. Will do.
>
> Nice. Compilation of dolfin functions do depend on the dolfin version,
> so this is important.

It turned out that is already was included :)

> >> Or do you mean when calling jit from FFC? If so, why?
> >
> > Well, I think that we concluded, in a thread far from now, that we should
> > include the DOLFIN version in the signature of the form compilations, so
> > I threw it in.
>
> I don't recall any such conclusion, and don't understand why?

  <http://www.fenics.org/pipermail/dolfin-dev/2009-January/011895.html>

But it do not tell us why :)

> > First it probably won't heart beeing in, but may not make too much sense,
> > as we compile pure UFC forms. We should maybee include the ufc version
> > instead/too?
>
> Good idea. I'd say instead, unless the compiled module includes dolfin
> wrapper code in which case adding the dolfin version makes sense.

It doesn't.

If we want to include the ufc.version we need to include this in the compiled
extension module. Any good suggestion on how to do this clean and easy, hard
code it, as it is in SConstruct now?