Re: Image to Function data structure conversion

On Saturday 14 February 2009 21:09:34 A Navaei wrote:
> 2009/2/14 Johan Hake <hake@xxxxxxxxx>:
>  [snip]

> >> Yes, that's why I'm working on wrapping shared_ptr.
> >
> > Then you should definetly switch to the development version, or you won't
> > get it to work ;)
>
> Raw pointers get wrapped fine.

Ok.

> I simply tried replacing
> dolfin/swig/*.i with the new development versions, but it didn't help.

No you have to switch the whole cake, together with ufc, ffc, and instant :)

> (%import "swig/ufc.i" is new and the file is missed, is it supposed to
> be generated during build?).  Also, I had to comment out the shared
> pointer stuff in dolfin.i in order to have raw pointers wrapped.

Yapp that sounds reasonable.

> In
> the development version, simply importing dolfin.i maps all raw
> pointers and std::tr1::shared_ptr to boost::shared_ptr, automatically.

Yes, the underlaying c++ objects are now stored using shared_ptr instead of
just pointers. So instantiating a plain Function will result in a shared_ptr
stored Function.

> Is there a plan for something like 'nightly build binaries' for
> fenics?

We have discussed it and it is on the TODO list. Your best hope would probably
be the next point release, which should not be too far away. I am not in
controll of when.

> I do not have access to a powerful machine and building could
> be time consuming. In the case that the debian package stuff (.dsc and
> .diff.tar.gz) are available for download, I may try building them on
> the opensuse build service servers.

I do not know, but I cc deb-dev list. I am just on a dual core laptop and it
works fine here.

> Finally, maybe trying to release a
> new version for dolfin, without waiting for the rest of the fenics
> family, isn't a bad idea as there have been many changes.

FYI we need to have a release of ufc, ffc and instant as the changes for
getting shared_ptr stuff to work in PyDOLFIN required changes in all these
packages.