Re: [HG DOLFIN] Changed isinstance check from the wrapped versions of Function and FunctionSpace

On Monday 16 February 2009 13:51:13 A Navaei wrote:
> 2009/2/16 DOLFIN <dolfin@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> > One or more new changesets pushed to the primary dolfin repository.
> > A short summary of the last three changesets is included below.
> >
> > changeset:   5702:acb1340a91017e346d26fbcedd85a60c80acc62f
> > tag:         tip
> > user:        "Johan Hake <hake@xxxxxxxxx>"
> > date:        Mon Feb 16 08:25:38 2009 +0100
> > files:       site-packages/dolfin/interpolate.py
> > Changed isinstance check from the wrapped versions of Function and
> > FunctionSpace to the swig generated proxy classes, i.e., cpp.Function and
> > cpp.FunctionSpace.
>
> Is interpolate.py the only place which type-checks shared pointers?

No, we do it in e.g., assemble.py or more presise in form.py.

When we want a cpp.Function, or shared_ptr<Function> if you prefer, we should
aways test agains that class.

> For example, doesn't viper plot need these changes too?

Yes and it test against cpp.Function at line 67 in

   src/viper/dolfin_viper.py

as it

  from dolfin.cpp import Function as Function

in top of that file.