Re: Problem with build system

Anders Logg wrote:
When I compile using

  scons install

the compilation will continue with building the SWIG interface,
installing etc even if there are build errors when compiling the C++
code. Shouldn't the build stop at errors?

If I just type 'scons', it will indeed stop, but then I get a message
"If there were no errors, run scons install" etc, even if there were
errors. Isn't there some error code that could be checked before
writing that message?

I recall something about there being a function for this in more recent versions of SCons, but not in the commonly installed versions at the time that we made the transition.