Re: Buildbot failure

On Thu, March 12, 2009 13:41, Johannes Ring wrote:
> Hi,
>
> many of the DOLFIN demos now failed with the following error:
>
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
>   what():  *** Error: Unable to write objects of type Function to XML
> files.
>
> See e.g.
> http://fenics.org:8080/builders/dolfin-intrepid-amd64/builds/35/steps/dolfin%20check/logs/stdio
> and
> http://fenics.org:8080/builders/dolfin-intrepid-amd64/builds/35/steps/dolfin%20check/logs/demo.log
> for details.
>
> I also have a problem when running the tests on the Windows buildslave.
> The problem is that when a test/demo fails, e.g. with a segmentation
> fault, a window pops up saying that there was a runtime error and then I
> have to click on 'OK' to continue. Since no one will click on 'OK' on the
> buildslave it will simply wait until it times out. Any suggestions on how
> to avoid this without disabling the tests with this behavior? Are there
> any ways to trap such errors in Python?

The problem seems to be with the error function in dolfin/log/Logger.cpp
that throws an std::runtime_error. For instance when I run
test/unit/function/test.py I get

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  *** Error: DOLFIN has been compiled without GTS, intersection
detection not available.

and a window that pops up. Is it perhaps possible to convert the
std::runtime_error to a Python exception with SWIG?

Johannes