Re: Periodic bc

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 10:07:13PM +0000, Garth N. Wells wrote:

> Kristian Valen-Sendstad wrote:

> >> Do you use the latest development version? If so, I think you have the
> >> same problems as the buildbot.
> >>
> >> Johannes
> >
> > Yes, I do.
> > However, Johan Elon Hake came to the rescue and set the linear algebra
> > backend to uBLAS, which solved the problem.
> >

> It would be nice to figure out what the cause of the problem is with
> PETSc. What are the first few lines of the error message?
>
> Garth

I get the same thing on my machine and I guess everyone does:

  Applying periodic boundary conditions to linear system.
  [0]PETSC ERROR: --------------------- Error Message
  [0]PETSC ERROR: Object is in wrong state!
  [0]PETSC ERROR: Not for unassembled matrix!

The problem is most likely a mix of calling A.ident(), getrow() and
not appropriately calling apply(). It should be fairly easy to fix but
I haven't had time to track it down.