Re: Generic meta-programming, faster than form compiler?

I agree that some serious profiling of dolfin would be the
natural place to start for further performance tweaking.

Note that with UFL (coming soon to a form compiler near you!),
the form compilation bottleneck for complicated equations
is as good as gone, and the work being done on the form
compilers now is more focused on functionality than speed.

Martin