suggestion for modifying MeshGeometry

Hello all.

I have finally got some time to put in (at least the first stage) the higher order mesh stuff for triangles mapped with P2 lagrange elements. Just to remind you, the agreement that we came up with was this:

1. The local mapping for each element is independent of whatever finite elements you are using. Thus, there
should be a completely different description of the mapping.

2. This info will be stored in MeshGeometry with extra data structures.

3. The info to store is (i) all the higher order vertex position data, and (ii) the `DoFmap' for your particular map. Storing the extra vertex data is just like storing the usual 3 triangle coordinates.

4. Eventually, for computing the local finite element matrices, there just needs to be a short subroutine that returns the higher order vertex data (for a specific cell) to be used by, say, the code generated by
FFC.

My question is about the dofmap. It is certainly reasonable to store it similarly to the vertex data. But there is a problem if the mesh is locally refined. It seems like it will be a pain to modify this data
structure.  Any suggestions for this?

Remember, we do NOT want to use a function space here. This was already discussed!

- Shawn

Follow ups