Re: NEW XML MESH

ok. So I should be able to modify things and not mess anything up. Is the current dolfin repository using the NewXML... code?

- Shawn

On Thu, 2 Apr 2009, Anders Logg wrote:

On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 08:33:36AM +0200, Ola Skavhaug wrote:
On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 9:42 PM, Shawn Walker <walker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello.  What are these NewXML... files for?  Should I modify these or the
old ones?

Modifications should be made to the NewXML.. files. The old system
will go away after next release.

Ola

Some further comments: Ola and I started working on the parallel mesh
parsing, mesh partitioning, mesh distribution and assembly a while
back. Along the way it turned out that we needed to be able to store
new data types (like maps from ints to arrays) in MeshData and this
called for a more or less complete rewrite of the XML parsing system
to enable better reuse of code.

This is more or less finished now (after some hard work by Ola) and
the new format/parser will replace the old after the next release.
XML schemas for the DOLFIN XML format(s) are also on the way.