Re: dolfin/viper plotting

Johan Hake wrote:
On Thursday 16 April 2009 15:03:26 Patrick Riesen wrote:
hi all

i updated to dolfin0.9 today on my amd64-debian-linux4.0. most seems to
work fine but i get the following error when i call viper with an xml
file, such as

What versions of python do you have installed, maybee more crucial what version of python were your PyDOLFIN compiled against?

What does,

   pkg-config --modversion python-2

tell you? This should be the version your PyDOLFIN installation is compiled against. It looks like your installation at least resides in python2.5, these versions needs to be the same.

pkg-config --modversion python-2  gives me 2.4.4,

in dolfin0.8 it worked fine and i thought it was compiled against python2.5.
on our university system, python2.5 is not the default, so i had to manually point everything towards python2.5 but this might be wrong therefore.

what is the place the above command fetches the information on?

patrick

Johan

priesen@vierzack01:/<7>cpp>viper data.xml
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/home/priesen/dolfin0.9/bin/viper", line 123, in <module>
     _main(args[-1], None)
   File "/home/priesen/dolfin0.9/bin/viper", line 77, in _main
     return _dolfin_mesh_plotter(infile, outfile, data=data,
lutfile=lutfile, datatype=datatype)
   File "/home/priesen/dolfin0.9/bin/viper", line 27, in
_dolfin_mesh_plotter
     from dolfin import Mesh, UnitSquare, File, plot
   File
"/home/priesen/dolfin0.9/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dolfin/__init__.py",
line 11, in <module>
     import cpp
   File
"/home/priesen/dolfin0.9/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dolfin/cpp.py",
line 6, in <module>
     import _cpp
ImportError:
/home/priesen/dolfin0.9/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dolfin/_cpp.so:
undefined symbol: Py_InitModule4

does someone have a clue on what went wrong ?

thanks for your help,
patrick